DMV NSBE, Jr provides year-round activities to help DC Metro Area students discover the excitement of academic excellence, leadership, technical development and teamwork. They have the opportunity to experience how awesome it will be changing the world as an engineer!
Become a Pre-College student member of the National Organization.
The cost is $5.
1. Create a NSBE profile in your child's name. Middle & HS students should use their own email addresses - with parent permission. Currently, the same email address cannot be used more than once - even for multiple children in the same family.
2. Complete the next steps in the NSBE Membership Application: Ethnicity, DOB, etc.
3. Select your child's Membership Type: NSBE, Jr . ($5); Region: Region 2: Chapter: DMV NSBE, Jr. (Dynamic Mathematical Visionaries); Person who referred you (you can put Dr. Aprille Ericsson or Malene Lawrence, unless there's another person/or NSBE member who referred you to our chapter).
4. Select your Magazine Preference:
NSBE Bridge ,
5. Social Media presence: Like & Follow DMV NSBE, Jr. on Facebook, Linked In & Instagram!
6. Complete info about your child's academics (Current grade, Graduation date, GPA, intended college major, etc) **Please contact us f your child is in K-2nd Grade.
7. Pay $5 (Your 6-Digit NSBE ID# will be listed as the Customer # on your receipt)
Feel free to contact email@example.com if you have online difficulty joining the national organization; connecting to our chapter (DMV NSBE, Jr); renewing your NSBE, Jr. membership; or transferring to our chapter.
**Check NSBE CONNECT, "Update Chapter" to make sure your child's membership is connected to DMV NSBE, Jr (Region II). Contact (703) 549-2207 x216 (Membership) if you need additional assistance.
2019-20 Chapter Dues:
$375 per child; $350 each add'l sibling
(Before May 25th)
$400 per child; $375 each add'l sibling
(After May 25th)
**Membership registration closes on
Chapter Dues Include:
*Participation in a technical AND mathematics program
*Access to all chapter workshops
*Monthly Engineering Challenges
*All local competition registration fees
*Student Registration Fees for 46th NSBE National Conference (March 2020, in San Antonio, TX)
*NSBE Lapel Pin* (For MS & HS Students)
**Be sure to include your children's names & their NSBE ID# with all forms of payment.
REFUND POLICY: Families may request a partial refund (in writing) before September 30th, 2019. After October 1st, no refunds will be given.
Once you have your NSBE ID#; your membership is confirmed in DMV NSBE, Jr. by NSBE HQ AND chapter dues are received, you will receive access to the Member's Only Section of the website where you can complete the online registration packet which will pre-register your child for a mathematics AND technical team for competition.
Parents will also be able to pre-register their children for Microsoft Code Academy, leadership workshops like Law in Order: Parliamentary Procedure; or join the STEP Team or one of our special enrichment classes like Intro to Mandarin* or the Accelerated Math Enrichment* class!
*Additional nominal fee for these special enrichment classes.
**Be sure to check the 2019-20 Calendar for upcoming meetings, workshops & events!
We realize that financial circumstances vary by family, especially for those with multiple children. It is the goal of DMV NSBE, Jr. to be able to offer partial scholarships to families in need, however at this time financial assistance is not available. **A payment plan however, may be available after speaking with one of the chapter advisors.
DMV-NSBE, Jr. is a 501c3 “city-wide chapter,” open to any K-12 student in the DC Metro Area regardless of race, culture, ethnicity, gender, or their school attendance.
Click "Join or Renew" to get started with your DMV NSBE, Jr. Membership by joining
NSBE's National Organization for $5. **Be sure to put the membership in your child's name as they are the actual member.